B Hotels and Resorts® takes great pride in our mission to protect the environment, as well as each of the beautiful destinations in which our hotels are located. Not only do we consistently take a sustainable approach when renovating and operating our hotels, but we also encourage our guests and team members to participate in programs that assist in keeping our planet intact for the use and enjoyment of many generations to come.
One of the B Hotels & Resorts® distinguishing signature elements, "B Sensitive," encourages guests and team members to participate in a variety of green programs that assist in decreasing our ecological footprint. Below are the programs that all B hotels support:
- Recycling bins are available in guest rooms and suites, public spaces and meeting rooms
- A towel/linen re-use program is offered and highlighted by bedside collaterals in each guest room
- B hotels demonstrate a commitment to the community through partnerships with local and/or national nonprofits and charitable organizations, as a supporter and occasional event host
Additional programs that select hotels implement:
- Local and/or organic produce, meats and dairy products
- Energy efficient lighting and HVAC systems
- Energy efficient laundering practices
- Low-flow toilets with dual flush operation
- Recycled and biodegradable paper products
- Partnership with Clean the World, a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to collect and recycle soap and shampoo products discarded by the hospitality industry with a goal of distributing the hygiene products to impoverished people, preventing millions of deaths caused by hygiene-related illnesses
- B Humane, a program in which each hotel supports the protection of endangered species native to the destination through the sales of a plush stuffed animal, with a portion of the proceeds going towards the promotion of wildlife protection efforts
Guests are invited to contribute to the B Humane program by adopting a signature plush at B hotels. The animal selected at each hotel is native to the destination or affiliated with an animal assistance organization needing support. A portion of the proceeds benefit a local conservation organization.